Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day....several days a month!


So I'm a little late on my Earth Day spiel. I just wanted to give a shout out to a new product I've been using lately (well, new to me!). It's called a Diva Cup (otherwise known as a menstrual cup). Honestly, the only bad thing I have to say about it is: "How come I didn't know about it sooner!!. It's this amazing little silicone cup that you use in place of chemical-laden disposable pads and tampons. These little cups are earth-friendly, wallet-friendly and with a small learning curve are virtually leakproof for 12 hours at a time. Remove, wash/rinse, replace. Store at end of cycle in the little cloth bag it comes with. These cups last a year or longer! You can swim, bike, hike, run etc while wearing one too! Aside from the initial cramps I get just as my cycle begins, I would never know I had my period...this little cup somehow takes away all the typical bloating and discomfort too! This is a huge! HUGE! So, give it a try! Whole Foods carries them or you can buy one online! There are other brands available online too! www.divacup.com










No comments:

Post a Comment